Apple Raisin Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium apple – pureed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
You can use a cup of apple sauce if you don’t want to mess with pureeing an apple. The crepe recipe here works with any topping of filling.
- Whisk the flour and the eggs together in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in the milk and the water.
- Add the salt and butter, and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium.
- Give it a very light spray of cooking oil.
- Drop the crepe mixture onto the heated surface. Using about a 1/4 cup of batter for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook each side until the golden brown brown (about 2 minutes for side one – batter will bubble; and 1 minute for the other side).
- Gently remove and place on a plate. Place waxed paper between cooked crepes to prevent sticking.
- This will make 8 crepes. 2 crepes per serving.
- Thoroughly mix apple, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat in microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon liberally (about two Tablespoons) into each crepe and fold.
- Serve with a topping of either maple syrup of left-over apple mixture.