Salmon with Young Garlic & Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 bulb of fresh young garlic (if you can’t find young garlic, substitute with 2 chopped cloves of garlic and 1 sliced bulb of fennel)
- 1 punnet ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets , skin on, scaled and pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- a few sprigs of fresh dill
- Slice the bulb of garlic into thin wedges, then squash the tomatoes.
- Halve the lemon, then slice half finely.
- Add a good drizzle of oil to a hot frying pan and fry the garlic until it softens and caramelises.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they soften.
- In another pan, heat oil on a medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon and cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes.
- Turn, add the lemon slices to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, or till the salmon is done to your liking.
- Pick, finely chop and stir the mint and dill through the sauce, then tip over the salmon fillets and serve.