Apple Cinnamon Waffles
Today you’re making waffles! These tasty Apple Cinnamon Waffles will be a crowd pleaser and keep them all coming back for more. These tasty treats make a great breakfast and dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs – separated
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 apple – finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks well. Stir in milk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to egg yolks and mix until moistened (be careful not to over mix).
- Add vegetable oil. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour cinnamon in mixture. Stir.
- Add apples. Blend lightly into mixture.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker for at least 4 to 5 minutes, until crisp and brown.
You can also try adding different fruits and spices instead of apple and cinnamon.
For toppings, maple syrup is great, as is apple sauce and a dollop of whipping cream.