A lentil and rice dish, flavored lightly with gala apple, red onion and a bit of feta, is a lovely winter lunch.
- ¼ cup of rice, uncooked
- ¼ cup of red onions, finely diced
- ½ cup of lentils
- ½ small, gala apple, finely diced
- 1 tsp of lemon
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- ¼ cup of feta, crumbled
- Start by cooking the rice according to the package directions. (I used white rice for this recipe because it was all that I had but brown rice is always the way to go if you have it!)
- While the rice is cooking, start to heat the onions in a pan over medium to low heat. Cook them for a few minutes or until they are almost clear.
- Once the onions are almost cooked, add the lentils to the pan along with the lemon, parsley. Continue to cook until the lentils are heated and then add the apple. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
- By now, the rice should be finished. Serve the lentils over the rice and top with feta.