A delicious beer battered fish fry recipe.
- 3 pieces of cod
- ¾ cups of flour
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ⅓ cup of lager beer
- Vegetable oil
- Place enough vegetable oil in cast iron skillet til ½ inch high.
- Heat on medium.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Place ⅔ of the mixture in a baking sheet and spread it out.
- Pat fish dry and salt.
- Add baking powder and beer to remaining dry ingredients in bowl and combine.
- Coat fish in dry mix (in baking sheet) first, then in batter (in bowl), then again in dry mix.
- Place fish in hot oil.
- Turn after a few minutes, when crust is golden.
- Remove and drain on paper bag or towels.
- Squeeze fresh lemon before serving.