Preparation Time 2 HR 20 MIN
Total Time 2 HR 35 MIN
- 1 ¼ cups butter or margarine, slightly softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 ¼ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 bag (14 oz) M&M’s™ chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate candies.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by level teaspoonfuls or #70 cookie/ice cream scoop about 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.