This recipe for creamy, dairy-free, honey-sweetened patriotic pudding parfaits is one of my favorite paleo desserts! Make them for Independence Day!
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) full fat coconut milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Diamond Crystal brand kosher salt
- 2 cups mixed berries, cut into bite-sized pieces (e.g. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Shake the can of coconut milk well, and pour ¼ cup of it into a medium bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and whisk briskly to get rid of the lumps. Set the bowl aside.
- Next, heat the remaining coconut milk and honey over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sweetened milk is steaming, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot coconut milk into the bowl with the gelatin/coconut milk mixture, and whisk well to combine.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Place the bowl in the fridge uncovered for 30 minutes, and then cover with a silicone lid or plastic wrap until the pudding firms up, at least 2 hours. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, take the bowl of coconut pudding out of the fridge. Uncover it, and grab a hand or stand mixer.
- Beat the pudding until it’s nice and fluffy and transforms from a stiff JELL-O-like texture to a thick, smooth pudding. It’ll take at least a minute, so be patient!
- Divide the pudding into 4 bowls or cups, alternating layers of berries and pudding. Serve immediately and dig in!