Preparation Time 60 MIN
Total Time 1 HR 15 MIN
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Betty Crocker™ decorating decors or crushed hard peppermint candies, if desired
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt until dough forms.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart. Press thumb or end of wooden spoon into center of each cookie, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until edges are firm. If necessary, quickly remake indentations with end of wooden spoon. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until steaming. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon rounded 1/2 teaspoon filling into indentation in each cookie. Top with decors.