Preparation Time 25 MIN
Total Time 1 HR 50 MIN
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (4-serving size) Jell-O™ raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow candy sprinkles
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, gelatin and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. On low speed, beat in flour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart. With sharp knife, make 6 cuts in top of each ball about three-fourths of the way through to make 6 wedges. Spread wedges apart slightly to form flower petals (cookies will separate and flatten as they bake). Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon yellow candy sprinkles into center of each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.