- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 cup barefoot zinfandel wine
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add the butter and melt. Add the shallots and garlic and stir for about 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the rice and stir until it just begins to toast.
- Continue to cook the rice for about 1 more minute and then add the wine. Once the wine has evaporated, add the chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir the rice constantly and add another 1/2 cup of stock once the previous addition has been absorbed. Continue this process till you have no more stock.
- Once all the stock has been absorbed, remove the rice from the heat and add the mascarpone cheese as well as chives, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Let the risotto sit for 2 minutes and then serve.