- 1 clove of garlic
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 ml red wine
- 1 vine of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 good splash of organic chicken stock , optional
- Once you’ve finished frying your steaks, remove them from the pan and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic, then pick and chop the rosemary leaves. Add both to the frying pan with the bay leaf.
- Pour in the wine and allow it to bubble for a couple of minutes, then add the tomatoes, squashing some with a fork so the juices all mix together – if it looks too thick, add the chicken stock (if using), or a splash of water.
- Season to taste and spoon over your steak.