Transforming the popular beverage into a cake might not yield the most beautiful results, but don’t be deterred — it tastes delicious.
- 1.5 cups flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tablspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 and ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Freeze dried fruit (peaches, strawberries, pear, apple- whichever you like)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine your flour, almond meal, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your sugar, melted coconut oil, wine, vanilla, and coconut milk, and stir until well combined.
- Add your flour mixture to the wet mixture in batches.
- When just combined, stir in your freeze dried fruit.
- Pour into a 9 inch cake pan that’s been greased or lined, and bake for 30-40 minutes; or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean.