Preparation Time 30 MIN
Total Time 60 MIN
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 2/3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Betty Crocker™ red and green decorating sugars
- Coarse white sparkling sugar
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, coconut, 1 cup of the baking chips and the extract until dough forms. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
2 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
3 In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2/3 cup baking chips and the shortening on High 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with sugars as desired.