- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought turkey or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Reserve 3 tablespoons fat from roasting pan; pour off rest of fat. Discard burnt bits on bottom of pan (but reserve brown bits). Place pan on stove across two burners over medium-high heat. Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon. Pour contents of pan into a measuring cup.
- 2. Heat reserved 3 tablespoons pan fat in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking into a paste. Cook, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 3. Add reserved deglazing liquid in a slow, steady stream, whisking to combine. Whisk in stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gravy, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Pour through a fine sieve into a warmed gravy boat.