- 2 cups wild rice
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons corn or vegetable oil
- 2 small red onions, cut into thin rounds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 2 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice and 1 tablespoon salt. Cover; reduce heat. Cook rice until al dente, 35 to 40 minutes (not all water will be absorbed). Drain well.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add onions and garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chiles; cook 30 seconds.
Stir onion mixture, corn, pepper, and lime juice into rice; season with salt. Serve, or immediately pack loosely in turkey cavity, and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of stuffing registers 165 degrees.